The Mitchem Rasmussen Family Foundation ("MRFF") supports programs that tangibly impact the lives of women and girls with special emphasis on education and the arts. Equal consideration is given to applications for awards for general operations or program support. The Mitchem-Rasmussen family proudly supports the Metro Atlanta Boys and Girls Clubs, Atlanta Women’s Foundation, Autism Speaks, Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta Foundation, Church World Services, Hammond House Museum, High Museum of Art, Miami Children’s Hospital Foundation, Miami Symphony Orchestra and National Black Arts Festival.
What We Fund
The Foundation awards grants in the following programmatic areas:
- Civic & Community
- Human Health & Wellness
- Military Veterans & Families
What We Don’t Fund
- Capital campaigns/Building construction
- Multi-year commitments
- Grants to individuals
- Grants to nonqualified agencies
- Grants that fall outside the guidelines set by the Board of Directors
Complete the grant submission form below to be considered for funding during the spring or fall cycle.
- Grants range from $1,000 to $5,000 annually.
- Grant proposals are accepted between Jan 1st and Feb 27th.
- Notification of the grant awarded and disbursement will take place on April 1st or the following business day
Upload the following required documents as part of the application in a .pdf file.
- One page summary that gives a program overview, anticipated outcome or impact of the program, specify the exact purpose for the grant and the amount of the grant being requested.
- Organizational Chart
- Audited Financials or
- Unaudited Financial Statements (for organizations with a budget under $1 million)
- Organization Actual Year-to-Date Financial Statements
- Budget vs. Actual Year-to-Date Variance Analysis (If requesting support for a specific program or project, must also submit a Project vs. Actual Year-to-Date Variance Analysis.)
- Upload the most recently completed fiscal year IRS Form 990 form GuideStar.